the luckiest bird alive
take me out
email updates once a week
It’s all about perspective.
January 22nd, 2021
We are living in a Bizarre World:
• If a dude pretends to be a woman, you are required to pretend with him.
Do we not have freedom of expression? Freedom of sexual expression? Should we not all be treated equally regardless of how we dress or make ourselves up? Why do women have a market on make-up and dresses? Women can wear pants, men can wear dresses. To each their own.
• Somehow it’s un-American for the census to count how many Americans are in America.
The census needs to account for everyone living in America… in order to comply with our idea of democracy and representation… no?
• Russians influencing our elections are bad, but illegal Mexicans voting in our elections are good.
Mexicans are a part of our economy and are subjugated to the decisions of our leaders… Russians are not.
• It was cool for Joe Biden to “blackmail” the President of Ukraine, but it’s an impeachable offense if Donald Trump inquires about it.
It is impeachable to blackmail the President of Ukraine… which is what Trump did…
• Twenty is too young to drink a beer, but eighteen is old enough to vote.
Okay? Then we need a health system that appropriately deals with mental health and an education system that supports and wisens our youth.
• Sexualizing children is bad, but 11-year-old drag queens are good.
Freedom of self expression… Dressing in drag is not about sex. It is about performing. It is a form of self expression and entertainment and about having pride in your own form of beauty. It is praising the feminine ideal while breaking down toxic masculinity. Everyone should see more drag shows.
• Illegals aren’t required to show ID, but citizens can’t buy cough medicine without it.
The Opioid crisis is real and needs to be combatted anyway it can. Illegal Immigrants are people and have a set of basic human rights that include being able to relocate to better their lives and even after moving here are live in fear for their lives and for their families. You can show your ID if you’re buying powerful drugs.
• Citizens are fined if they don’t buy their own health insurance, and then they are forced to buy it for illegals.
We need a healthcare system for all Americans, many legal and low income.
• People who have never owned slaves should pay slavery reparations to people who have never been slaves.
The ones who descended from those who profited from slavery historically are still benefitting from a broken system… The ones who descended from slaves are still disadvantaged because of a broken system… There could be a better system in place to prop up the lower socioeconomic tiers of society that have been disadvantaged by racist laws throughout history. People of color could not buy land in every part of the country until 1950. Land entails wealth and stability. White people have an advantage in that. In many places around the country, an unfair land advantage given our history.
• Inflammatory rhetoric is outrageous, but harassing people in restaurants is virtuous.
Harassing people who are trying to take care of themselves and their bodies is okay? Like those going for abortions? But not fixing a broken foster care and adoption system is fine? Not sorry your dinner was interrupted when our plans to take care of ourselves are constantly interrupted and defunded.
• Immigrants with tuberculosis and polio are welcome, but you’d better be able to prove your dog is vaccinated.
It is completely normal to travel for better healthcare. Diseases are the worst when they come from animals. It is how most pandemics have started.
• Irish doctors and German engineers who want to immigrate must go through a rigorous vetting process, but any illiterate Central-American gang-banger who jumps the southern fence is welcome.
That’s so racist – I can’t even. The US policies that have negatively affected Central Americans is not to blame at all?
billion for border security is too expensive, but
trillion for “free” health care for illegals is not.
How is it so clear that illegal immigrants are getting healthcare? There are better things to put federal funds towards than a wall that would literally destroy the ecosystem along the border and ultimately wouldn’t do what it was put there to do when funds could be redirected in so many more beneficial and effective ways.
• If you cheat to get into college you go to prison, but if you cheat to get into the country you go to college for free.
Education is a basic human right. The University system is a racket regardless of who is in attendance.
• Politicians who say that the President is not above the law put illegal immigrants and themselves above the law.
There are plenty of immigrants here illegally but the opposition to immigration seems racist as focused on black and brown immigrants. There are laws that regulate immigration, among all the laws that we live under as a nation. Laws are disproportionately applied to immigrants of color. White men with money are the ones that buy themselves out of any kind of retribution for their capital crimes.
• People who say there is no such thing as gender are demanding a female President.
No one is saying that there is no such thing as gender, but there are many facets that have been socially constructed in how we think about proper roles. Hormones and chemicals are real. Societal gender roles have restricted females from opportunities and we want a fair chance at representation and leadership. Women are treated as inferior by the patriarchal system historically in power. America is one of the worst countries in the world to have a baby. Female representation in our power structure could help ameliorate the conditions for mothers and children alike.
• Illegals don’t pay taxes, but they get tax refunds.
Says who? The 1% gets away with tax avoidance and fraud constantly. Why aren’t you upset with them? Because they made their money on their own? And not on the backs of others?
• We see other countries going Socialist and collapsing, and it seems like a great plan to us.
There can be a balance between capitalism and socialism that would offer more equal opportunities to all. It is okay to explore new methods of governance when the world has changed.
• Voter suppression is bad, but not allowing the President to be on the ballot is good.
That is not an argument against Voter’s rights. Our right to vote and be fairly counted should be one of the pillars of our society… We need an outlet from Tyranny.
• Fourth-of-July parades are bad, but parades of women dressed as vaginas are good.
Being patriotic is fine, but nationalism is dangerous. Women can dress however they want. That’s the point. There needs to be more pride in having a vagina. Period.
• Some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, and other people are not held responsible for what they are doing right now.
President Trump doesn’t take responsibility for any of his ill doings… Most of the 1% don’t either… and the prison system is filled with people that don’t belong to be there but are being taken advantage of by a privatized system.
• Criminals are catch-and-released to hurt more people, but stopping them is bad because it’s a violation of THEIR rights.
Stopping someone because they “look” like a criminal is extremely racist.
* And pointing out all this hypocrisy somehow makes us “racists.”
Yes, you are racist.